Monday, January 8, 2018

Art Day

Hi everyone. Monday has arrived and maybe this week I will actually get a full week of work. :) Hopefully, although I must admit I do like staying him when the weather is nasty. And they are saying we are going to warm up by mid-week, all the way into the 40's (about 4-5 degrees C). Now that is enough to put a smile on my face.
It was fun to have an art day with a friend back just before the New Years.
Some of you may know Corrine. She and I  had some collage play at her house. 
Look at all the tape and paper pieces we had to play with. :)
I haven't played with tape and cut out images for awhile and it was fun to have someone to chat with as we worked. And we had a nice lunch too.
Corrine and I both made some very beautiful collages.
Mine is on the left and Corrine's is on the right.
I think having an art day more frequently is a good adventure to plan for 2018.
When I got home I finished off my collage page with this mosaic looking background.

I am linking up to Art Journal Journey. This month's theme is New Year: New Adventures. 
Thanks Corrine for a fun art day (we need to do it again soon!) and I hope all of you who stop by my blog all have an arty adventurous week. 

11 comments:

CJ Kennedy said...

Art days are fun. Having someone to art with is even better. Company always makes a fun adventure. <3 the messages on your journal pages

Jeanie said...

How fun! I love an art day with friends so much.

And isn't Uhu the best glue? I have trouble finding it anywhere in stores around here but fortunately I can buy it (and at a discount!) from MSU stores! Which reminds me, I'm down to my last stick or two!

froebelsternchen said...

Oh my gosh - it must have been a pleasure to chat and make art with Corinne!
I can see how much fun the both of you had together with all the lovely collage items on your table!
Your collages are fantastic and so cheerful as your art always is! A pleasure for heart and eye!
Thank you for managing this AJJ month so powerful- folk is really happy as it seems. So many entries - they really got of the stick already and I have to do the same now.
Happy new week and hopefully a good week at school dear Erika!
I hope I get to see photos of lovely mom soon - hope your visit at here care home was nice!
oxo Susi

pearshapedcrafting said...

Now this does look like fun! It's always good to have a crafting session with friends and you both made some fabulous art! Hugs, Chrisx

Gibby Frogett said...

You can just tell by looking at your page what a fun time you had that day Erika.. what a great page (you know how much I love your art journaling style!) and I just love washi tape too.
Thanks (as always) for the lovely comments you left me earlier.
Hope you have a good (and warmer) week..
Gill xx

craftytrog said...

Wow! I love those collages! It's wonderful to have crafty sessions with friends!
Alison xox

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous piece and great that you had a fun day with your friend. Have a good week and hope it will soon warm up. Hugs, Valerie

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, what a fun time you had together 😁. Both of the collages are beautiful, I love the way you used the washi tapes too! Thanks for the inspiration and wishing you a happy new week! J 😊

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

How wonderful the two of you had so much fun. I would LOVE to have someone like that I could share art time with. These are all fabulous collages, and I am in the mood to make some, too. Thanks for sharing them at Art Journal Journey, dear. I'm loving your theme this month.

Meggymay said...

I think you both must have had fun on your art day together.
Your art pages look fantastic. I enjoyed seeing the photos you shared.
Yvonne xx

Rike said...

Fantastic collage playings!!